- 1 What is the difference between health related fitness and performance related fitness?
- 2 What is the main difference between health related fitness and performance related fitness quizlet?
- 3 What are the health related components of fitness performance related?
- 4 What are the 6 performance and 5 health related components of fitness?
- 5 What are the six aspects of skill-related fitness?
- 6 What is another name for skill-related fitness?
- 7 What is the example of health related fitness?
- 8 What are the benefits of skill related fitness?
- 9 Which of the following is a component of performance-related fitness?
- 10 What are the 5 parts of Skill-Related fitness?
- 11 What are the 5 components of fitness?
- 12 Who needs physical fitness?
- 13 Why are the 5 components of fitness important?
Health-related fitness is characterized by moderate to vigorous physical activity. In contrast, skill-related physical fitness includes health-related components, but it also covers components related to physical performance.
Health-related fitness includes body composition, cardio-respiratory fitness (aerobic capacity), flexibility, muscular endurance, strength. Performance-related (skill related) fitness includes agility, balance, coordination, power, reaction time and speed.
Understanding cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility and body composition, known as the Five Components of Fitness, is important for improving health, performance and appearance.
The five health related fitness components: flexibility, cardiorespiratory endurance, flexibility, and body composition. The six skill related components of fitness: agility, balance, coordination, power, reaction time, and speed.
SKILL-RELATED FITNESS: Six characteristics that contribute to a person’s ability to successfully complete a physical performance. Agility, Balance, Coordination, Power, Reaction Time, and Speed. Improving skill-related fitness helps me participate in a variety of activities.
Terms in this set (20) Another name for skill-related fitness is cardiovascular fitness. Power is a measure of performance fitness.
Endurance, or aerobic, activities increase your breathing and heart rate. They keep your heart, lungs, and circulatory system healthy and improve your overall fitness. Examples include brisk walking, jogging, swimming, and biking. Strength, or resistance training, exercises make your muscles stronger.
For example, aerobic capacity is essential for decreasing risks of heart disease, diabetes, and strokes. Strength and flexibility are important in reducing risks of osteoporosis and improving functional capacity. Skill-related fitness includes agility, speed, coordination, balance, power, and reaction time.
Performance-related (skill-related) fitness includes agility, balance, coordination, power, reaction time and speed.
What are the 5 parts of Skill-Related fitness?
Skill-related fitness is broken down into six different components; agility, speed, power, balance, coordination, reaction time.
What are the 5 components of fitness?
5 Components of Physical Fitness
- Cardiovascular Endurance.
- Muscular Strength.
- Muscular endurance.
- Body Composition.
Who needs physical fitness?
To put it simply, physical activity and exercise is important for everyone. Children, adolescents, and adults of all ages need regular physical activity. Physical activity promotes good health, and you should stay active throughout all stages of your life regardless of your body type or BMI.
Why are the 5 components of fitness important?
These five components— cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, and body composition —are the blueprint for the American College of Sports Medicine’s (ACSM’s) physical activity guidelines, and they provide a helpful tool for organizing and executing your own well-balanced workout