- 1 What components of fitness should be emphasized in a warm up?
- 2 What are the two main components in a warm up?
- 3 What are 2 warm up exercises?
- 4 What are the 5 components of a warm up?
- 5 What is a proper warm up?
- 6 What are the 3 components of a cool down?
- 7 What are the two types of stretches?
- 8 What is warm up and its importance?
- 9 What are 3 lower body exercises?
- 10 What are 5 dynamic stretches?
What components of fitness should be emphasized in a warm up?
The general warm up should consist of a light physical activity, like walking, jogging, easy swimming, stationary bike riding, skipping or easy aerobics. Both the intensity and duration of the general warm up (or how hard and how long), should be governed by the fitness level of the participating athlete.
What are the two main components in a warm up?
A warm up generally consists of a gradual increase in intensity in physical activity (a “pulse raiser”), joint mobility exercise, and stretching, followed by the activity. For example, before running or playing an intensive sport, athletes might slowly jog to warm their muscles and increase their heart rate.
What are 2 warm up exercises?
Some other examples of warm-up exercises are leg bends, leg swings, shoulder/ arm circles, jumping jacks, jumping rope, lunges, squats, walking or a slow jog, yoga, torso twists, standing side bends, lateral shuffle, butt kickers, knee bends, and ankle circles.
What are the 5 components of a warm up?
Terms in this set (5)
- Pulse raiser. Eg- jogging and skipping. Slowly increases heart rate and body temperature.
- Mobility. Eg-arm swing and hip circles.
- Dynamic movement. Eg-shuttle runs.
- Stretching. Eg-groin walk and open and close the gate.
- Skill rehearsal. Eg-passing drills for football.
What is a proper warm up?
1. General warm-up. To begin your warm-up do 5 minutes of light (low intensity) physical activity such as walking, jogging on the spot or on a trampoline, or cycling. Pump your arms or make large but controlled circular movements with your arms to help warm the muscles of your upper body.
What are the 3 components of a cool down?
There are three key components, or parts, which should be included to ensure an effective and complete cool down. They are; Exercising at a very reduced intensity and diaphragmatic breathing exercises; Low-intensity, long-hold static stretching (very gentle self massage or foam rolling is also helpful); and.
What are the two types of stretches?
Stretches are either dynamic (meaning they involve motion) or static (meaning they involve no motion). Dynamic stretches affect dynamic flexibility and static stretches affect static flexibility (and dynamic flexibility to some degree).
What is warm up and its importance?
Warming up helps prepare your body for aerobic activity. A warmup gradually revs up your cardiovascular system by raising your body temperature and increasing blood flow to your muscles. Warming up may also help reduce muscle soreness and lessen your risk of injury.
What are 3 lower body exercises?
Top 6 Lower Body Strength Training Exercises
- Exercise 1: Squat. Working the lower body begins and ends with the squat.
- Exercise 2: Lunge.
- Exercise 3: Deadlift.
- Exercise 4: Box Step Up.
- Exercise 5: Bulgarian Split Squat.
- Exercise 6: Heavy Sled Push.
- One More Warning about Form.
What are 5 dynamic stretches?
Dynamic Stretching (Video)
- Side Shuffle.
- Backpedal Jog.
- Walking Knee to Chest.
- Lunge Walk with Twist.
- Straight Leg Kick.
- Heel-to-Rear Jog.
- Power Skip Plus Reach.