- 1 How does your community affect you?
- 2 How does physical activity affect the community?
- 3 How can community improve physical activity?
- 4 What are some problems in our community?
- 5 How does a community affect a child?
- 6 What are the benefits of community?
- 7 What is the example of physical activity?
- 8 Why physical activity is important?
- 9 How can you promote physical activity?
- 10 What are the health benefits of dance activities in your community?
- 11 Who benefits physical activity?
- 12 What are 5 social issues?
- 13 What are the top 10 social issues?
- 14 What is community based problem?
How does your community affect you?
The relationships that we develop in our communities are catalysts for change, can provide accountability and motivate us to reach our potential. On the flip side, they can drain us, trigger insecurities and derail us from our desired goal.
How does physical activity affect the community?
Communities that participate in sport and recreation develop strong social bonds, are safer places and the people who live in them are generally healthier and happier than places where physical activity isn’t a priority. Sport and recreation builds stronger, healthier, happier and safer communities.
How can community improve physical activity?
1. Build or become a part of partnerships in your community that include local agencies and organizations that plan and implement initiatives that pro- mote physical activity, such as parks and recreation centers; fitness facilities; and programs in schools, community and senior centers, and hospitals.
What are some problems in our community?
Example Community Problems: Adolescent pregnancy, access to clean drinking water, child abuse and neglect, crime, domestic violence, drug use, pollution, mismanagement of resources, lack of funding for schools and services, ethnic conflict, health disparities, HIV/ AIDS, hunger, inadequate emergency services,
How does a community affect a child?
The creation of a local community in early childhood becomes the supportive, positive, uplifting foundation of a child’s life. It helps them to learn about themselves. It helps them learn how to tackle challenges, build knowledge, and thrive.
What are the benefits of community?
6 benefits of community and connection in challenging times
- Vital social connection and engagement.
- Community belonging boosts physical and mental health.
- Resilient communities come together and adapt.
- Never being alone.
- Easy access to well-balanced, nutritious meals.
- Assuring safety and well-being.
What is the example of physical activity?
Some examples of physical activity are: Going for a walk, bike, or run (join our indoor walking program). Doing household chores. Taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Playing at the park.
Why physical activity is important?
Physical activity or exercise can improve your health and reduce the risk of developing several diseases like type 2 diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease. Physical activity and exercise can have immediate and long-term health benefits. Most importantly, regular activity can improve your quality of life.
How can you promote physical activity?
Kids and Exercise: Promoting Physical Fitness at Home
- Exercise as a family. Children will be more motivated if the entire family participates in a group activity.
- Play outdoors.
- Take a class.
- Create fitness challenges.
- Assign calorie-burning chores.
- When to wear face covering.
- Physical activites for kids.
What are the health benefits of dance activities in your community?
Health benefits of dancing
- improved condition of your heart and lungs.
- increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness.
- increased aerobic fitness.
- improved muscle tone and strength.
- weight management.
- stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis.
- better coordination, agility and flexibility.
Who benefits physical activity?
Regular physical activity can:
- improve muscular and cardiorespiratory fitness;
- improve bone and functional health;
- reduce the risk of hypertension, coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, various types of cancer (including breast cancer and colon cancer), and depression;
Common Examples of Social Issues
- Poverty and Homelessness. Poverty and homelessness are worldwide problems.
- Climate Change. A warmer, changing climate is a threat to the entire world.
- Immigration Stresses.
- Civil Rights and Racial Discrimination.
- Gender Inequality.
- Health Care Availability.
- Childhood Obesity.
Top Ten Social Issues
- Youth Alcohol Usage:
- Basic Needs:
- Homeless Population:
What is community based problem?
Community-‐based refers to a philosophical approach in which communities have an active role and participate in highlighting and addressing the issues that matter to them. This challenges community members to identify what the issues are and to work together to address those issues (Van Bibber 1997).